ULTIMATE WEDDING CHECKLIST – FREE WEDDING PLANNING CHECKLIST
Introducing the easy and straightforward way to plan your wedding from scratch to completion. With a simple and accurate wedding checklist, you will be able to create a worksheet that covers every month of the planning process until your big day, even beyond.
Use this wedding plan template to stay organized and mark off each milestone as soon as it’s done. Transform yourself into the ultimate wedding planner & organizer with this simple wedding planning guide.
How To Use The Wedding Planning Checklist
If you’re a bit overwhelming and just want a few steps, download our simple printable checklist for free.
Take a breather and get some calm, because the job at hand can drive you crazy. Draw a wedding list or download a free printable wedding checklist online, if you’re a busy person. Take off everything you don’t care for from the list by crossing them off with your pen. When you’re done, adjust timelines to suit your wedding date and plan.
Just Engaged? Start Your Wedding Planning Timeline
Your head might be abuzz after your engagement as you think about all the things that need to be done; you can use this wedding planning timeline to calm yourself down.
- Just live in the moment, savor the joy and share the news with friends.
- Plan a party or get together with friends to celebrate the engagement.
- Write down the random ideas you might have for your wedding.
- Decide on the type of wedding you’d want to have, small or big, rustic or classic, no need for details yet.
- Subscribe to one of the bridal subscription services, to make the preparation journey easier and more
12+ Months Wedding Planning Timeline
At 12 months and above before the wedding, you might feel you have an abundance of time; you can use this list however, to get a few things underhand well before it’s too late.
- Make a decision on your wedding budget as well as your wedding style or theme.
- Begin to create a guest list, keeping your budget in mind for the amount of people you can accommodate.
- Decide on your wedding dates and begin to explore venues that are available for those time periods
- Pick out your wedding party and find out which of your close friends would be able to attend.
- If you would have a wedding website, this would be the time to build one.
- Assemble a list of vendors and begin to check their prices and styles to see if they match your requirements.
- Begin to check out wedding dresses and accessories.
- Arrange for your save the date stationery or DIY them if you choose to.
- Take pre-wedding photos.
- Get a wedding insurance package.
11 Months Before The Wedding
At this point in your wedding planning you should have a clear idea of what you want and the resources available to you, so use the following wedding planning list to get even closer to your goal.
- Complete your guest list.
- Book the approved venue.
- Send out your save the dates.
- Shop for bridal party wears and accessories.
- Book your wedding officiant as well as your vendors.
- Add a fitness regimen to your activities so you can look and feel good.
- If you haven’t already, order a bridal box subscription.
10 Months Wedding Planning Timeline
You’ve handled a lot of the big stuff, this is the point in planning a wedding where you begin to handle the little day to days.
- Pick out designs for your wedding stationery that are in line with your wedding theme.
- Hire a planner if you can afford one, or delegate family and friends.
- Organize hotels to accommodate guests from out of town.
- Discuss cakes and cake tasting with your chosen caterer.
- Confirm booking with music and entertainment vendors and create your playlist.
9 Months Wedding Planning Timeline
As the big day approaches, you begin to put finishing touches to certain aspects of the wedding planning as seen in the checklist below.
- Write out the wording for your wedding invitations and order or DIY the invitations.
- Get thank you cards for those who sent in their gifts early.
- Get your wedding rings.
- Make hotel and rental reservations as well as transport arrangements for out of town guests.
- Create a wedding registry.
8 Months Wedding Planning Checklist
Other details to consider at this point in the wedding planning process include:
- Start planning other events like the wedding after party, bridal shower and rehearsal dinner.
- Begin to choose bridal hair and makeup styles.
- Begin to choose honeymoon destinations.
- Refine the guest list if needed.
Wedding Planning Guide: 7 Months Before
As the months progress you get to refine certain details in your complete wedding checklist.
- Discuss the wedding day and program with your wedding officiant.
- Reserve rentals like lighting, linens, chairs and décor.
- Decide on the attire for the groomsmen.
- Hire wedding ceremony musicians if needed.
6-5 Months Wedding Planning Checklist
At this point you are gradually getting to the end of the road, a few more bookings might be left.
- Conclude on the meal menu plan and any dietary preferences for certain guests.
- Pay for the chosen wedding cake.
- Prepare any needed welcome packages for guests coming into town and create an RSVP catalog to keep up with them.
- Choose and book your honeymoon spot.
- Choose and book the location for the wedding night.
4 Months Wedding Checklist
At this point the wedding day is almost here; some things you should look into would be:
- Arrange dress fittings for the bridal party and yourself if needed.
- Finalize on the wedding guest list.
- Choose flowers for the wedding venues and wedding party.
- Create the guest list for the rehearsal dinner and book the necessary venue.
- Order invitations for the wedding rehearsal dinner.
Wedding Planning Timeline: 3 Months Before
You can begin to breathe easy at this point as you enter into the last stages of your wedding planning.
- Begin to draft your wedding vows.
- Book hair and makeup and experiment with the styles you want.
- Conclude on guest sitting arrangements.
- Organize wedding readings.
- Order or DIY wedding favors.
- Purchase other necessary items like linens, toast flutes, flower baskets and so on.
- Send out your wedding invitations.
2 Months Wedding Checklist
A lot of things will be falling in place at this point, and your checklist will have easier tasks to accomplish.
- Confirm that each of your out of town guests have accommodations for the wedding period.
- Give your play and do not play list to your band or DJ.
- Draft the wedding program if need be and rehearse with the officiant.
- Apply for your wedding license.
- Procure gifts for your bridal party.
- Make sure your vendors, bridal party and officiant are up to date on the wedding proceedings.
- Organize a day of fun and relaxation with your bridal party.
Wedding Planning List: A Month To-Go
At this point you will no doubt have more excitement than stress, however there will still be a few things to get done.
- Pick up or DIY the wedding programs.
- Confirm your honeymoon reservations.
- Confirm dates and availability with all vendors.
- Do final dress fittings.
- Pick up wedding license.
- Write thank you notes for gifts.
- Finalize wedding playlist.
- Pick up wedding rings.
Planning Timeline: Two Weeks Before
Cutting close, there are some things you dare not ignore at this point.
- Update the wedding registry a final time.
- Follow up on the guests who have not confirmed attendance.
- Conclude with the caterers on time and guest count.
- Delegate necessary wedding day or planning activities.
- Arrange for the care of your pets, if any, during the honeymoon period.
- Confirm with transport companies.
One Week Before The Wedding
This is the time to wrap up your planning and focus mainly on yourself.
- Pack your honeymoon luggage as well as your going away outfit.
- Get your travel documents in order and pack with your bags.
- Get your dress delivered along with accessories.
- Settle payments and tips with all vendors.
- Get a manicure and pedicure.
- Pack a small bridal emergency kit for the wedding day.
- Leave your honeymoon details with a close friend or family in case of emergencies.
- Give wedding ceremony scripts to the various readers.
Wedding Checklist: One Day To-Go
Kill all the wedding nerves or jitters at this point and just enjoy the excitement; also use the list below to go over things you might forget.
- Send out the welcome packages to the arriving guests.
- Memorize your wedding vows.
- Check to confirm that items like travel documents, cash, rings, dresses and undergarments are all intact and in the right place.
- Attend rehearsal dinner.
- Book a time at the spa if possible, just to relax.
- Go to bed early, and don’t forget to set an alarm.
Wedding Day Checklist
The most important day of your life is finally here, nothing much left to do but enjoy it.
- Focus as you go through the motions, breathe and relax.
- Eat light.
- Smile a lot and just enjoy the celebration.
- Appreciate family and friends for their time and contributions.
- Give the wedding rings to the best man.
- Go get married.
Beyond The Wedding Checklist
The wedding is finally over and you are at ease; there are still a few things to be done beyond the wedding planning.
- Return the rentals or delegate someone to do that.
- Send thank you cards to each of your wedding guests that attended.
- Send all accessories back to their owners and necessary attires to the drycleaners.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy the new journey you have begun in your life.
Here are our expertly curated ultimate wedding checklist. Download it for free!
Wedding planning can seem so overwhelming right after the engagement all through to the wedding day. However with the right tips and planning, you can achieve every single important step to having a successful wedding. Follow this guide, using the simple wedding checklist to go through each item that needs to be done before and after your big day. Breaking things down this way helps you stay calm and enables you go through each month sure that you have everything under control. Relax and enjoy your time preparing for your wedding, because you deserve it.